Daphne 3.0

Basking in mediocrity since 2004.

9.11.2007

I prefer the term 'break up,' thank you.

I did it. I broke up with them. It was hard because they would never call me back. So I did it by email. One step up from a Post-It note.

Today I got this email from my one time boss:

"Wow. If it wasn't bad enough that you "quit us," Jane* from the -deleted- department is going to take over for you. I think a lot of Jane but this isn't up her alley any way, shape or form."

*Jane ain't her name, by the by.

When my BFF got divorced, it wasn't because he was cheating on her, beating her, abusing her, nor was it that she was doing the same. It was because he was ignoring her. Taking her for granted.

A year after they divorced, she's lost 25-30 pounds and has gained new confidence. (I must say, she is HOTT and I'd totally do her.) He's still living in the same house and gaining weight every day. She's been dating and learning new skills, meeting new people and trying new things. He remarked to her recently that he really was an asshole and should have treated her better.

You think?

It's not scientific, but I'd be willing to bet that most relationships end because the people drift apart, or take each other for granted, or just don't pay attention to them. It's no different in business. Well, not for me. I need to know that what I'm doing matters to someone. I need someone to return phone calls and emails in some amount of reasonable time. (not never)

So, yeah, I broke up with them for lack of attention. I broke up with them because I think they were abusing my time and trust. I broke up with them for a lot of reasons. But the truth is, I don't regret it. Not one bit. Not at all.

Labels: