Daphne 3.0

Basking in mediocrity since 2004.

3.20.2005

Where the hell have you been?

Heavily medicated?

Exotic vacation?

Smarmy prison cell?

Nope. Nah. Not so much.

Well, perhaps a little of medication... Googly-moogly. How time flies during playoff season. My usual delay in posting has been prolonged by a series of mitigating factors, some of which I'm sure my dedicated reader and stalker will forgive me for after you hear my tale.

First, yes, indeed, it is college hockey playoff season. Is this an excuse? Not really. But most of my time not working has been spent dissecting the intricacies of the WCHA, and now the NCAA, brackets. Much study, debate and cursing has ensued over the past week. One of my other personalities, Mrs. Helen P. McGookin, will discuss this in detail in a following post. She is rather fired up of the lack of coverage in the Denver dailies (or should we call them the crappies? Helen there, not me)

Second, it seems that when a self-employed person goes out into the world in search of a paying contract, that she gets what she asks for. Waah. Yes, I can hear all six of you crying for me. I have had a tish of billable hours last week and for the next several weeks. Bloggin' may suffer. My apologies in advance.

Third, there are some people out there that take you seriously when you offer to volunteer for things. Like the Colorado Beagle Rescue. I have just finished their bi-annual newsletter (not posted online yet). There are reports from the field that it is the best newsletter the CBR has ever had. Thank you. Thank you very much. Now on to the other 1,469,125 organizations that want my pro bono time.

Fourth, migraines suck. A lot. Especially during the aformentioned college hockey playoff season. Thank you Merck. I know you killed a couple of people with some of your other meds, but my Maxalt is a-ok. Keep up the good work.

Fifth, Sonic has eliminated their Sweetheart Blast. Good for waistlines everywhere. Bad for mid-afternoon cherry-chocolate cravings.

Sixth, the IRS can kiss my squirrel. So can Intuit. When you make Quicken, QuickBooks and TurboTax for Mac, wouldn't it make sense to make TurboTax for Business for the same OS? Wouldn't it? Well? They know that us creative types are already put off by numbers... they are in cahoots with the IRS, I tell you. After 17 hours of decrypting the Form 666 and related publications, we think we owe them money. Or a monkey in a tutu. One can never be sure when reading the 10,000,000,001 pages of the IRS Publications. Please refer back to a section that has you refer to this section for an answer.

That's about it. If I get through this tax season alive, you can contact me on a small sand-covered island without phone service.