Daphne 3.0

Basking in mediocrity since 2004.

1.13.2005

Tending towards loser status, get help soon


I am 79% loser. What about you? Click here to find out!


The sad thing is that I scored lower on the Nerd Scale. I'm just a Nerd Wanna Be. Hmm. I always thought of myself more of a Geek, actually. Thanks G for pointing this quiz out.

This was a hard week for me. I've always been a bit of an introvert, but I've realized through this adventure that I need to be around people. They inspire me to write snarky things about them. I had two "outside" events cancelled this week. The one lunch with a vendor was fine, but then the second cancelled, a networking group, that put me over the top. Today I have a lunch and a dinner with a client/friend. If these people cancel on me I'm taking my toys and going home.

I've been doing a lot of thinking, and I really want to get back into writing again. I used to write all the time. I was a journalism major, an editor, a copywriter. I'm not sure how or where, but now that Dave Barry has retired (or has he?), perhaps there's an open market for sarcastic commentary on the mundane and peculiar.

Just how do I get into the world of columnists? I hear it's a tight club. Then there's the fear that I carry around inside my belly... that I'm not good enough, I can't spell or write a complete sentence. My entire life I've received compliments on my writing ability. But sometimes, when I'm alone with a can of Young's Double Chocolate Stout, I think my professors and friends were blowing smoke up my arse this whole time.

How do I get back on that horse?