Daphne 3.0

Basking in mediocrity since 2004.

6.17.2009

Sweet Jebus, it's been a long time.

Oooh, look, it's a bar named after my alter ego!

What can I say? I've been a traveling/learning/working fool lately. Yes, since April 26, the date of my last post. Judge me if you will.

Class got out May 27 and I promptly ran away for the weekend to Eugene and West Salem, Oregon. What's in Eugene, OR, you may ask? (Don't you know me at all?) Wine. Of course. Ace had a work thing in Eugene which = free hotel stay. All I had to find was a cheap flight. My years of wasting time on the interwebs paid off and I found a last minute trip for less than $300 including rental car.

Ace and I'd already had a trip to San Fran planned for this past weekend. So two trips in two weeks with the boyfriend. I think we've survived. In between eating pricey San Fran style (everything is pricey in SF, people, everything), we went to see Wicked. It's a musical, but things blow up and there are car crashes and everything so it was cool for Ace to see it with me. (not really)

The food, while overpriced, was awesome. The people were pleasantly pleasant, with a few exceptions. But the rude ones were the exception, not the norm. The weather was fantastic and my legs hurt from walking too many hills. Ace is still speaking to me, although a little less than he used to, so I think it was a good trip. (All in all, he talks a lot less than he used to anyway. Sometimes I think he has laryngitis. Other times I think he's plotting of ways to get rid of me.)

In between trips I married my friends. You read that right: I. Married. My. Friends. Brian and Melissa wanted a secular ceremony and in Colorado anyone can do the deed, so they asked me. I secretly think they were trying to save the $400 officiant fee, but I was honored and pleased to marry two of my dear friends. Now I can add "Officiant" to my list of titles. I may even move to a state where same-sex marriage is legal so I can officate all over the place.

I also did a tri on a Friday night. It was awesome but hurt like hell because my training for this one consisted of running a few times and one bike ride a week before. I survived nonetheless and plan to do another one in two weeks, which should also hurt like hell because I've done little to no training. Unless you count climbing hills to my next meal in San Fran, then yes, I've done some training.

I ordered a book from the library which is supposed to translate boyspeak (or lack thereof) into English. Once I have a good translation, I can let you know how things are really going with the boyfriend.