Daphne 3.0

Basking in mediocrity since 2004.

1.29.2009

Oh shit was right, and there's piles of it!


So yes, I accepted the interim acting big job. It's not official until HR signs off on it and to do that, they have to get a memo from God and Pres. Obama saying it's official. In the mean time, I'm working full time and going to school part time and being a dog mom part time and drinking part time. OK, I'm dedicating 3/4 time to drinking. You know me too well.

You know that dreadful feeling that there's just something you should be working on, but you can't quite remember what it is? Yeah, I have that feeling every. single. day. at work in my new position. The reason? Her name is Sally. (Not her real name.) She left two weeks ago. I took over her job three weeks ago.

In the week before she left she was supposed to get me:
1. a list of projects she's working on and the status
2. a list of freelancers she's got projects working on, the status, and their contact info
3. a list of freelancers and what their talents are/contact info
4. two, no, three writing projects finalized and ready for layout

So far I have:
5. None of the above.

As a result I also have:
6. 60 hour work weeks, including working at 12:30 am. For. Work.
7. a sneaking suspicion that there is something I should be doing, especially when people call me/stop by my desk/email me with "hey, do you know how the TPS report is coming along?" type questions and I've never heard of said report. (I do know that you're supposed to put a cover page on it though.)
8. a strong desire to be from the South so I could say things like, "seriously y'all?". Instead y'all comes out sounding wrong without the soothing drawaaaaal.

But seriously, y'all? Why do I always get picked to clean up other people's shit?