Daphne 3.0

Basking in mediocrity since 2004.

12.20.2008

More craptastic than this time last year.


Actually, that's not true. This time last year I was home alone, crying, drunk, with no one but the dawgs to mock me in their usual manner. I managed to set up the tree but couldn't work up the energy to put any decorations on it. This year, well, it's completely different. I'm still a little drunk. Not crying (much). Pretty happy. And looky! Oooh, ornaments somehow made it on my tree. Look close enough and you can spot my red wine teeth. Candid pictures are so much fun, non? You can thank Ace* for that.

But I'm happy. Really. Content. Fine with things. I'm learning to live in my own skin, my own way. Thursday night I set up all my online bill pay accounts and even paid a bill. It's true! I'm learning to be self-sufficient.

I discovered a few new friends. A new library. A new neighborhood. A new dive bar. And a new boyfriend.

Chief (the cook), me and Ace on his birthday at our newest favoritest dive bar, Sam's.

Things are slowly moving along. Still looking for a FT job. Still liking my PT job. Looking forward to what's next.

*Ace is the nickname bestowed on the boyfriend after a lengthy debate amongst my posse. He's the helpful hardware man. If you know what I mean. He helped with the tree. And hanging pictures. And fixing my interweb connection. And does dishes. And... oh you get the idea.