Daphne 3.0

Basking in mediocrity since 2004.

10.29.2008

Vote for Pedro

I know you're sick of it. I'm sick of it. The election of the century seems to have lasted a century (or more). The commercials, the rhetoric, the bullshite, the crazy caribou eating VPILF. All of it will come to an end soon.

I mailed my ballot last week. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing like the feeling of standing in the voting booth and pushing the button for your candidate(s). But I've gone mail-in for the last few years, mostly from convenience.

Filling in the bubble for Obama made my heart jump a bit. This is the most exciting election of my young life. It even beats my first election when I got to chose between George H.W. Bush and William Jefferson Clinton. Filling in the bubbles on all the wacked out amendments made me angry. I really get pissy when people keep wanting to add more amendments to the state constitution. Maybe I don't understand the reasons, but why can't we have a statute instead of an amendment? That way it's easier to fix a fuck up later on. When it's in the constitution it takes an Act of God to change it.

Again, I know you're sick of the campaign. But please, go vote. Normally I don't care who a person votes for. I just want people to vote. So many Americans take this right for granted. This makes me mad and disappointed at the same time. (A lot of women take it for granted that we've only had the right to vote for 70 years. Vote bitches! Vote!)

This year I'm making the case for Obama. So if you can't decide on who to vote for this year, and you really don't want to vote for Obama, there are 12 other candidates on the ballot for POTUS. Pick any other one besides McCain. I hear the Boston Tea Party candidates are good choices.