Daphne 3.0

Basking in mediocrity since 2004.

10.06.2008

Neighbor Guy


Well I haven't even moved in all my crap yet and I've met the local neighborhood watch. Yesterday I was unloading a car full of boxes when Neighbor Guy came over to the fence to ask if I was the new Neighbor Girl. We'd met before when I was looking at the house, and he seemed nice enough, a little odd, but then who isn't? He's an ex-cop (former? retired? I didn't ask) doesn't like anyone messing with anyone in his neighborhood. "You just let me know if anyone messes with you, 'cus I don't put up with that. I'll take care of it." What is he going to do, I wondered? Come to think of it, I don't really want to know. I met one of his daughters and will soon know the entire family. I'm sure I'll be invited over for coffee and polite conversation in the living room one of these days.

He wasn't too keen on the idea of two beagles living next door. Once he meets them and sees how Paddi can take care of squirrels, I'm sure he'll change his mind. Or not. He doesn't tolerate anyone messing with anyone in his neighborhood.

Labels: ,