Daphne 3.0

Basking in mediocrity since 2004.

10.15.2008

collegematch.com

Now that I'm nearly officially single, aka "on the market," aka "available," aka, "fresh meat," I've had multiple offers for people to play matchmaker. They are all centered around my college, which lends credibility to the idea that women go to college to get an Mrs. degree. Why they think I need help with dating, I don't know. It must have something to do with the fact that humans are social creatures and we want everyone to just get along.

My current matchmakers include:
1. Graduate Assistant. He's trying to set me up with a local D.A. who, in his words, "if I were gay I would totally do this guy." There's a testimonial if I've ever heard one.

2. Little Indian school friend. He's trying to set me up with his 25-year-old roommate. Not sure why but I think it has to do with his culture's obsession with arranged marriages. Someone needs to tell him that I don't date children.

3. Designer guy in the office. He's trying to set me up with his 40-year-old, divorced with two kids, mountain biking friend from Manchester. Hmm. I don't know anything about Manchester. (international stalkers?) On the positive front, he's physically fit and is a Ginger. Negative: he pays $1,000,000 month in alimony to his ex.

4. Sorority sister. She's pushing former School Boyfriend on me. Not that we ever dated. Or talked about dating. Or even saw each outside of official school functions. But she keeps pushing him on me. Even though I totally broke up with him after he stopped coming by my office twice a week when he graduated.

While it is amusing, it is also somewhat comforting that I have so many male friends who think that I'm datable. A girl could do worse for friends. It's nice to know that I have options.