Daphne 3.0

Basking in mediocrity since 2004.

9.21.2008

Lame Excuses



The Mandals Mockumentary has been shelved for lack of funding. My production company, Two Drunk Chicks, decided to drink our production budget instead of completing the mockumentary. Like the other unfinished masterpieces of all time - Orson Welles' Don Quixote, Monroe's Something's Got to Give, and Hendrix's First Rays of the New Rising Sun - Mandals On My Mind will sit on the shelf, gathering dust until such time as we secure another round of funding. (I suspect that it will be around December 1. )

Other lame excuses for not finishing Mandals On My Mind:
  1. I finished my last tri of the season yesterday with my best time ever. I don't know how that happened, but I suspect that it had something to do with why my ass hurts. I went balls out on the bike portion, which resulted in a blazing fast time in the second leg but I'm paying for it today. (Eye Candy, below)
  2. Looking for a place to live that meets all my tough standards: clean, safe, not a shithole, in a decent area, central part of town, close to public transport, has windows, no homeless guy living in my window well, etc. This is harder than it sounds, apparently.
  3. Filing all my divorce papers with the county court. Royal P.I.T.A. But it's done. In another 5-6 weeks I shall drop the Mrs and go back to little ol' me once again.
  4. Arguing over who's CDs and DVDs are mine or his. Honestly I could care less.
  5. Reading, writing and 'rithmatic for grad school.
  6. Doing other... things... that involve staying up way past my bedtime.
  7. Spending more time than sensible at Jordan's playing Geeks Who Drink, eating, drinking, drinking some more, and allowing the bartenders to give me free shots.
Eye Candy: starting the run yesterday. (Yes, I run in a skirt. It's awesome.)
I don't understand those people who can look good after a triathlon.
I always look like a dead rat dragged around a nuclear waste facility by a drunken cat.