Daphne 3.0

Basking in mediocrity since 2004.

8.23.2008

In production

Last night was the big beer/art festival at J's museum. It was huge with a capital H. There were at least 1000 people and most of them were drunk by the time I showed up at 7 pm. I met up with J, her friends and parents before Bachelor #1 showed up. I tried to act like a proper hostess and keep him entertained the whole evening. So doing, I shared with him my mandals documentary that's in production. Bless his sweet snarky soul, in no time flat, he was quickly pointing out mandals for me to photograph. And boy, there was a cornucopia of mandals available last night. Mandals with jean shorts. Mandals with manpris (capri pants for men). Mandals with socks. Mandals on manly women. I couldn't take pictures fast enough. It was like shooting fish in a barrel at one point. We sat for a long time watching other people and making fun of them. As you know, this is my favorite sport. So bonus points for Bachelor #1.

So it's true, coming soon to a blog near you: a complete mandals mockumentary. I hope to have it finished by Sept 2, just in time for the summer sales at the mall. Consider it a public service.