Daphne 3.0

Basking in mediocrity since 2004.

8.27.2008

The Dems are here!

It's Day 3 of the DNC here in Denver. I'm going to go downtown tonight to see for myself the spectacle of 1000s of people, protesters, riot police, Hari Chrisnas, Japanese media, the guy dressed as a Statue of Liberty, and more lesbians in one place since the last Indigo Girls concert. I'll take pictures. Hopefully I can add to my mandals mockumentary collection while I'm at it.

Friday I'm going to the taping of The Daily Show. They're filming all week in Denver for the DNC. Specifically, they're filming in the performing arts center on my campus. Every day I get to see the trailers, the groupies/stalkers, stagehands, etc. No Jon Stewart sighting as of yet. Sadly, no cameras are allowed inside the taping, so I'll have to try to covertly take some pics with my camera phone if Bruno the security guard doesn't catch me first.