Daphne 3.0

Basking in mediocrity since 2004.

7.25.2008

Blood Red Eyes

Just got back from watching The Breakfast Club shown outdoors at Red Rocks. The Red Rocks made famous by U2 in Under a Blood Red Sky. Or more recently, Snoop Dogg and 311. There was some much needed tailgating prior to the movie including frosty bevs and hot burgers cooked by my friend T's hubby on his little Char-Grill. Why do burgers taste better when cooked on open flame in a parking lot?

I did manage to survive Day 1 of a two day planning retreat. Been up since 5:30 am (that's 20 out of 24 hours), swam 1000m and went to the day long meeting. I wasn't even sure I was going to drink tonight but as soon as I got to the tailgate party, T had a beer waiting for me. I love her.

Going back for more team building and forecasting tomorrow AM. One of my friends has promised to text me jokes all day. Desperate times call for desperate measures.