Daphne 3.0

Basking in mediocrity since 2004.

6.10.2008

will work for hooch

Summer is traditionally a slow time at the Creative HQ but this summer promises to be even slower (thank Pete!). I'll only be working 20 hours a week (for money) plus a few freelance projects that are looming. A few weeks ago I made a decision that may shock you: I'm taking down the shingle (temporarily) and looking for a, ahem, real job. It's a matter of my mental health. I don't want to work full time again. But I need to. I've discovered that I really felt good about my self-worth when I could contribute to the household-worth. This became apparent when I started working part-time. It feels good to be paid on a regular basis. Right now it's a relief to go somewhere and do something and leave it all behind when I go home. I know that it will get old and someday I'll be complaining about crappy office politics and commuting woes, but I feel that it's important for me to do this. It's important for me to feel more in control of my life. Oh, I know the poet Gnarls would laugh at me for saying it, as one never really has control over anything. Having a little control, even if it's an illusion, beats feeling powerless any day.

Universe, I'm looking for a marcom manager position with a sustainable company in the Denver metro area that has tuition reimbursement. And I ain't gunna drive to BFE or BFW or BFN. Got it?