Daphne 3.0

Basking in mediocrity since 2004.

6.20.2008

brrrrr

My first tri of the season is tomorrow and it promises to be brisk in the morning. The race people sent out a notice that the water is supposed to be in the low 60s. They suggest a wetsuit. I say, pish-posh, I'm tough. I can handle some cold water. (Hopefully) If you read about a woman who got hypothermia in the res, that could be me. To test my toughness, I filled the bathtub with 60 degree water and sat in it for 10 minutes. It's cold. But not that cold. I only plan on spending 20 minutes in the water anyway. All of it swimming my little arms off.

I'd much rather be nervous about the swim that worry about changing a tire mid-race. I can change a tire, but you know, I'd really rather not have to change one while on the bike leg. Oh, Dogs of the Universe and Bike Gods, please protect my tires from goat heads and errant glass shards. Amen.

I just need to survive the swim. Then all will be fine. All will be OK. Repeat. All will be OK.

Alright, off to run errands and get my hair done. Nothing like getting highlights the night before a tri to put you at ease.