Daphne 3.0

Basking in mediocrity since 2004.

3.22.2008

3.91

Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. I bombed my final in marketing and walked out of the class with an A-.Yes, it's a good grade. Yes, I did my best with limited time to study for two finals on the same day. Yes, I'm actually at peace with my C grade on my final. But now I have to live with something less than a 4.0 gpa. I thought grad school was my time to pull that one out. Now, no matter how many As I earn, I'll never graduate with a 4.0. It sounds so silly to complain about. It's totally my OCD showing. (News flash, I'm not just self-diagnosed OCD anymore. A licensed, trained professional has said it is so. Ha!) I know that my need for perfection is a mask to hide all the shit going on beneath the surface. But it still doesn't make me want it even less – person can't just turn off the switch after 20 years of high performance. I guess that I just didn't want it bad enough finals week when I had too much work, too many projects, too many papers, too many finals, and too much crap floating around in my head. All at the same time. I feel better now just for writing it out. But it still smarts.