Daphne 3.0

Basking in mediocrity since 2004.

11.28.2007

finalist!

Just back from lunch downtown at The Brown Palace. I'm a finalist for a scholarship and the committee members wanted to meet the finalists before making a decision on the winner. There are three finalists. I think I can take one of them. She's a second year (meaning she graduates in June) and comes from money, if my rich-dar is working correctly. The other one is tricky. He's heavily involved with the organization already. He knew many of them before we got there. I knew the chairman and kinda sorta knew a few other gents. He's interested in an area of business that this org focuses on, so (IMO) he's my real competition.

They're announcing the winner next week. At lunch. After I start my PT job. So now I have to be one of those employees that starts a job and runs off to take a 3 hour lunch the second day. Good timing. What can I say? No? Yeah, sure. I'm not coming to the lunch that you will most likely announce me as the scholarship winner. (oh please oh please oh please oh please)

Gaaa, I hate this part of working for someone else. I emailed my new boss to let her know the scoop. Hopefully it won't be a problem to take a long lunch or just work another day for those hours. She said they were flexible. Let's just see how much so.