Daphne 3.0

Basking in mediocrity since 2004.

7.11.2007

whole lotta nuthin' going on

Hate to break it to you, but my life is pretty boring. Especially right now. Maybe I've grown to expect more, maybe I'm just tired. Whatever the ailment, not much seems to be going on and at the same time, I'm really busy. I've got a few presentations and seminars I'm giving, board meetings to attend, and some pre-coursework for grad school to read. Took the hounds to the vet (yes again, what a surprise!). Rocky, aka Old Man River, has arthritis. Lexi has a UTI. Yay! Money grows on trees, right?

What else, lemme see... I love my intern. She's adorable and full of spunk. Heather came from Kansas to visit us for dinner. Long drive for dinner, eh?

We want to hire a sales person. Someone to do all the "salesy" things I hate doing. I'm open to a virtual person. I'm open to Rocky doing it but he has a terrible phone voice.

I just read The Dip by Seth Godin. It's a hella easy read that took me less than an hour. I'm pondering his words right now. The Dip is about quitting or sticking it out. I'm thinking of doing both. There are a lot of things in my life that I'd love to quit. Most of them are demands on my time/mind/money/life/sanity. I'm making a list.

More later.