Daphne 3.0

Basking in mediocrity since 2004.

7.23.2007

My cheatin' heart.

I have something I have to tell you. Boy, this is harder than I thought. See the thing is... well... I've been... cheating... on... you. Don't take it personally. I didn't mean to hurt you.

Since I was accepted to grad school I thought I should do what all the other kids were doing (peer pressure, you know) and sign up on facebook. One thing led to another, and, well, now they've sucked me in. In case you're wondering, that's where I've been lately.

Through my new junk habit, I've connected with friends of mine across the country and even tracked down two girls (women) that I went to high school with. To date, the only high school friends I've ever cared about keeping in touch with are Cameron and Lynn. Then I found Shana and Natalie. OMG. They're like real grown ups now. When did this happen?

But the real news, the news that trumps all the crap that's going on in my life, is that

BEAR GRYLLS IS MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holymotherofchristmascookiesfrostedincrackcocaine!

(If you don't know who Bear Grylls is then we really can't be friends anymore. Google him.)

I'm now one step closer to my dream of being lost in the Scottish Highlands with Bear and nothing but a flint, a water bottle and a knife for our survival. Yes, yes, he already did a Highlands episode. We can go back. It's a big (ok, big-ish) country with lots of things to do.

Oh, and I was sent to collections for a hospital bill I never knew about b/c the company billed the wrong address and insurance company for two years and never bothered to call me to find out if they had the wrong information. But none of that matters because

BEAR GRYLLS IS MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!