Daphne 3.0

Basking in mediocrity since 2004.

6.06.2007

ta-da!

Well kids, my second GMAT test has come and gone. Ten hours of tutoring and several hundred dollars later for said tutor, test fee, and therapy beer... I kicked ass. OK, I kicked ass for me. I raised by overall score by 80 points, raised my writing score (essays and shite) from the 73th percentile to the 87th percentile. On a scale of 0-6, I received a 5.5, last time it was a 5. Take it for what it's worth. My Verbal score increased from the 56th percentile to the 80th percentile. My Quantatative score remained low (shocker!), but improved slightly. What really improved, and was worth every penny, was my attitude and confidence towards the test.

Kiss my squirrel, GMAT, kiss my squirrel. Thank you.

It seems like the test consumed all of me and my ability to focus on other priorities. Especially the math practice. I spend hours, days even, sucked into factoring and unfactoring, word problems, finding the angle of x, and other trivial details. You know on LOST, when they have a flashback scene, there would be that swooshing sound pulling you into into/out of it? That's how my math studying felt. Like a giant vacuum pulling me in, blocking out any other part of my life. When I'd come out of the math coma, the sun would be setting and the dogs would be milling around, waiting for their supper.

In dog news, Lexi is still with us. She's cute and sweet but she needs to go. She's upsetting the balance of power in our home. That and she doesn't play with Paddi, which makes Paddi very distressed. Paddi's learned to baaaaaark at Lexi to try to get her to play. It doesn't serve any purpose other that to annoy the shit out of everyone, including Rocky.

Have you seen that Saturday Night Live skit with Amy Poehler and Horatio Sanz? She's an annoyingly hyperactive 12-year old and he's her step-dad? Rick! Rick! Rick! I got a cone my head! Rick! Rick!

Yeah. Paddi is the hyperactive kid, Kaitlin. Rocky is Rick.

Paddi: Rick! Rick! Rick! Look! There's a squirrel in the tree! Rick! What is it doing!? Rick! I found a bug on the ground! Look Rick, I can lick my ass! Rick! Rick! Play with me!

Rocky: Cripes. I need a nap.