Daphne 3.0

Basking in mediocrity since 2004.

5.28.2007

STF seeks TLC



Single Tricolor Female seeks a long-term companion for walks in the park, snuggling by the fire and gourmet meals. Hi! My name is Alexis, but my foster mom calls me Lexi because she says I'm too short for a big name like Alexis. I'm a small beagle with a big heart. At six years old my guardian died and now I'm living at the 'Beagle Boot Camp' with my foster family and two other beagles. They are pretty nice, but the first thing they did to me was clip my nails, give me a bath (horrible!) and clean my ears out. (Don't they know that I was working on that smell for a long time?) The other thing they do to me is take me on walks. It's ok, but I really like napping more. Like every lady my age, I need to lose about five pounds to feel my best. Foster mom has be on a weight management formula. I'm missing a few teeth so she mixes dry and soft foods that are easier to chew. With two other beagles around, I've tried to keep a low profile and stay out of their way. (Don't get me wrong, I love being part of a pack.) But when the vacuum monster starts growling, I have to warn everyone with a big howl. I have a lot of love to give to the right person. Are you my Mr. (or Miss) Right?

xxxooo - Lexi



That's right folks. We're fostering another little beagle lady. If you know of someone who wants to adopt this sweet thing, head on over to the Colorado Beagle Rescue website for more info.

In other news, P-Dawg hurt herself. Again. It was on Saturday morning when Lexi came over. I left the two turds in the backyard to go out front for Lexi. In less than five minutes, Paddi managed to spend $103 at the vet. When I went back out to the yard with Lexi, Paddi was bleeding. She cut her "elbow." Again. Same one as last year. I'd post a new picture, but really, it's the same exact injury. Use your imagination. Lexi's pretty mellow so let's cross our fingers that we don't end up with a repeat of Vetapolooza 2006.