Daphne 3.0

Basking in mediocrity since 2004.

3.29.2007

More crap, less filling.

Nothing really exciting is happening right now. Since I'm the boss of me, people always ask how things are going. They think it's all glamour and bright red lipstick. That my days are filled with high-powered meetings and lunches with fabulous people in expensive suits. Most of the time it's more like toothpaste-stained sweat pants and whatever I can find in the fridge for lunch. Not wanting to disappoint, I come up with something interesting, or sometimes, nothing remotely interesting, but more than boring, less than mundane. Right now is a period between yawn and WTF? and I'm getting ansy. It's the end of Q1FY07 and I'm not where my budget says I should be. That's not fair because I traded about 5k for advertising. So I'm really ahead of my Q1 budget, but not where it matters... at the bank. It gets hard being rosy and positive all the time about a business that is so up and down. It's harder when you're married to a guy that panics every month when we need to pay the mortgage and some asshat is 45+ days late paying an invoice. There's little I can do to get said asshat to cut a check faster. But the nagging continues from the CFO side of the bed. I get tired so much lately and I know that it's because I've been sitting around, not working as much as I should. I'm stuck between here and there and someone gave me the wrong map because I can't figure out how to get to there.

I need to decide in t-minus 3 days (or less) if I'll re-take the GMAT. My score is not good enough, so says Kenny. I hate being judged by a score from a test that says nothing about me and what I am capable of when interacting with other human beings. Oh, it costs $250 each time. And, I'd have to hire a tutor because I'm mentally incompetent on the math portion. More than that, I dread taking the test again. It makes me want to cry. Not just a pretty boo-hoo and a wipe of the tissue, but a huge gusher and an unmitigated temper tantrum involving antique figurines and a hard wall.

In the mean time, I've got to keep on getting on. I started bidding on a couple of government/public contracts. It's a different process that what I've gotten used to. It's not so foreign to me as that's all I did back in my other life working for Bigco. Except now I'm the product I'm trying to sell. The first one I bid on I didn't qualify for but I bid it anyway. In a way it was just an experiment to see how the whole thing works. It's a game between all the bidders. I found out that I charge too little. Take that cheap ass cheapsters. I'm a bargain compared to some.

Like I said, nothing really interesting right now. Found out that Paddi Sir has lost 4 pounds since moving to Beagle Bootcamp. We take our victories where we can. Seems like life is a cycle of wake, eat, stare at screen, yell at hounds for eating dog pooh, invoice asshats, meet with semi-interesting people with more money than I, wash sweat pants, make dinner, sleep, repeat. Over and over again. Especially the dog pooh thing. They really have a problem.

Labels: