Daphne 3.0

Basking in mediocrity since 2004.

7.24.2006

Lucy, you've got some 'splaining to do!

Lucy, my 15" PB, was a bit sluggish. And she lost her lovely chime on startup. "What the hell?!" I thought as I spent ALL DAY on Sunday diagnosing her issues. She's only two years old. Come on, now. Turns out she had a lower memory slot failure. It's been going around. She's not the only one with this problem.

I truck her into the Apple Store for my appointment at the Genius Bar. At first I was a bit discruntled because while they call themselves a 'bar,' there are no cocktails in sight. Hpf! I was expecting a fight. I was expecting to trot out my research on the internets about this being a problem... But, they were wonderful, as usual. The customer service, spectacular. The geeky jokes, laughable.

She's in the shop, so to speak. She'll be shipped back to me when she's right as rain. Apple's paying for it, because it's a "known issue." And their looking into my problem with the optical drive. It has an off/on again relationship with burning DVDs. Genius #2 was shocked! shocked I say! to hear that the Apple DVDs were failing in the drive. I got a raised eyebrow and an, "oooh" for a reaction. All in all, these are the only problems I've ever had with her. Not too shabby considering how much I work that bitch. Adobe CS running all day, every day, in an hot as schwettyballs home office. Not bad at all.

Major props, kudos, gracias, etc. to the Apple Store geeks. They rock. And didn't even have to write a letter to Steve Jobs to get good service. Not one finger was raised to get the rock star treatment.

I still have Little Ricky to work (and blog) on. So all is right with the world. Well, just as long as Lucy comes home in one piece.