Daphne 3.0

Basking in mediocrity since 2004.

7.03.2006

All I've got.

The last few, oh, say, weeks, have gone by in a blender. Training, working, bidness, friends, bbq, training, reading, training, bidness... now you're caught up. As I told a dear friend on the phone last night, I'm just trying to get to tomorrow. And another tomorrow. And another. I've got so much self-imposed "todos" on the list that I think I've reached critical mass. I'm out of town next week, going to rain-soaked D.C. for a conference. Then in mid-July, going to Chicago for another conference. We'll see just how easy it is to train for a triathlon while traveling. Why so much training? Let's just say it's a personal demon following me. Or maybe the doubt I hear in my family's voices when I talk to them about it. Or maybe I'm just tired of being lazy. Perhaps it's all of the above.

Then there's the bidness development. I realized that I had severely neglected my baby to focus on other, less important, things. And now it shows with only two projects to get me through the next few weeks. Only two! So after a brief wallowing period, I got back up, brushed my hair, and went back to work trying to get work. I decided that I need to focus (focus!) on one or two groups for networking. Gone are the days of going to every networking event in town. I'm looking at my activities and "todos" and figuring out what to shed, what to keep. Like a Mission Organization for my head. Next "year" (September), I'll be on the board of a woman's group and thus will limit my activities elsewhere. I've also teamed up with a partner in crime to start small business round tables through the same group. They start in September, too.

Until then, I'm just trying to get to tomorrow.