Daphne 3.0

Basking in mediocrity since 2004.

5.22.2006

Just do something and see what happens.

This is my latest motivational phrase. "Just do something and see what happens." I've got several of them on the wall above my computer. I came across this one in a book about living to your true potential, or finding your joy, or something like that. The point is: keep moving, keep doing, keep going.

Things are slowing down at Creative HQ. Seems like creativity is on its summer break but no one told the teacher. Something else will come around. I know. Just breath deeply. Do something and see what happens.

I'm writing an article on marketing for small businesses. Don't have a place to publish it just yet. Details. Details. The idea came to me the other day over lunch... as a small biz, I need help with certain things that aren't my "core strengths" so I'm sure that there are other small to medium sized businesses that need the same. We'll see what happens.

My small biz roundtable idea hasn't gotten anywhere. I sent it to the board president of my women's group. Haven't heard anything back about it. So, I'm running for the board. Yup. I'm also following up with the president to see where that's going. We'll see what happens.

I attended an orientation workshop for the Tri For The Cure today. Figured out that I could use a new bike. Trouble is, we have limited funds since the Q2 taxes are due soon. Instead of moaning about it, we're selling our seldom used guest room mattress set on craigslist.org. Now I just have to uncover it from the donations piled on top to take a picture. It won't be much, but it will go to my bike fund and clear some crap from the house. We want to turn the guest room into a hobby room/game room. We'll see what happens.

Also, if we sell the guest room bed, we can't have visitors from, say, people who say that they want a place to stay for awhile but really want to mooch off of you forever. Or from people you may be related to by marriage who say mean things about you and treat you like ass. The downside is that people we do want to have come stay with us will now have to sleep on an air mattress or couch (we've got some great camping mats!). We'll see what happens.

So you try it this week. Just do something and see what happens.