Daphne 3.0

Basking in mediocrity since 2004.

4.07.2006

Going big time, baby.

It's official. I've started contracting out some of my work. Not a lot, just the stuff I'd rather not do. It's liberating. Now I can spend more time doing work that I'd rather be doing instead of beating myself up over procrastinating.

Oh yes, I am one bad ass procrastinator when the time is right. I usually suck it up and get things done, but I've come to a realization that I just don't have to do certain things. In fact, contracting it out makes me happier, makes my subcontractor happy and my clients happy. Everyone's happy! And I get to spend time doing things I'm better at, things I enjoy, things that get me out of bed in the morning. As CEO and VP Janitorial Services of Creative HQ, I spend enough time with the ucky part of business. Don't get me wrong, filing the Colorado Dept of Revenue Form 160 is as exciting as things get, but there's a part of me that actually likes doing the creative stuff.

I don't know why it took so long to get to this point. Some of it has to do with control, some with fear. The ol' yin/yang of self-employment. Part of me didn't want to give up the money to anyone else. Part of it was my CFO not wanting me to give up the money to anyone else. But once I broke it down to the CFO, it made perfect sense. I'm freeing up time to work on more profitable work. This is where The Donald got started, isn't it?

To kick of our future multi-national corporation, hubby and I are running away for the weekend. A few weeks ago, we packed up Russell and traveled west to visit Kate, Maggie and Andrew.











We stayed overnight in a hotel. The hounds came with us. They returned home snouts exhausted. They're still napping from the excitement.












It was so successful that we're going back again! This time for two nights. That's right dawgs, two! At nine years old, they're no spring chickens. But they do like the adventure.















With a nap.