Daphne 3.0

Basking in mediocrity since 2004.

2.23.2006

you want fries with that?

Panic, mayhem, disorder is the theme for today. Whenever my work slows down I panic and think I need to get more work or it will never come again. That's when a job at Chez McD or La Starbucks starts looking mighty fine. Then I get so much work I don't leave the computer for weeks on end. I'm in one of those panic moments.

Last night I attended this fab ladies networking/night out hosted by KeyBank. I ran into about 7 women I knew from various groups and organizations, and had a delightful talk with a woman that I've been on a committee with for over a year and we never knew what the other did for a living. Imagine that! Turns out we have more than a few things in common. I'm talking her into doing the Tri with me... the more suckers the better, I say.

It just hit me that I have all these activities and groups I belong to and I don't do enough to follow up with the people I see on a regular basis. I feel like a turtle sometimes, just trudging along, sticking my neck out to see what's next, but never really getting anywhere. Of course, the turtle only makes progress when he sticks his neck out. I think I need to be sticking my neck out there a little more often. Trouble is, I don't have enough time or energy to do all the following up I need to do and still get the work done that keeps the dogs in kibble. I need another me. or an admin. or another partner. The CFO and I have talked about taking on another partner for a while now. It's time to move forward on that. While I enjoy working for me and me alone, I like the idea of another person to bounce ideas off of, to team up with for crazy adventures. I need another me.

If you know another me that is looking for another her, tell her to give me a call. I don't discriminate against hims, but I think another me would be a her. Don't you think?