Daphne 3.0

Basking in mediocrity since 2004.

1.26.2006

CMG IPO

At 7 am, the hubber and I were trying to get in touch with our broker to gets us some CMG stock. It was my fault, really, for not calling him sooner. Last week, we saw in the paper that Chipotle was going public today. They were supposed to open at $15 or so a share. A few days later, they changed it to $20 a share. Then yesterday, they announced their IPO at $22 a share. Normally financially apathetic, we wanted to get in on the CMG love. We kick ourselves daily when thinking about a certain telecom company that was once down to $0.25 a share a mere 6 months ago.

But it's not about the money with CMG. Oh, no, no. It's about love.

You see, way back in the pre-WWW 1990's, before hubby was Mr. and I, Mrs., we had our first date at the very first Chipotle, ever. It was romantic in a 1lb burrito sort of way. We were college students. I lived in the dorms where the lunch lady was trying to kill us with thumb tacks in our lasagne. A 1lb burrito was damn sexy.

Now they have 480 gogillion stores in 22 states. I like to think that it was our love that got them going.

So there I was, 7 am, trying to reach our broker. Shoulda called him last week, yes, yes, I KNOW. Instead I set up a brokerage account to learn that they actually want real money for transactions. Who do they think we are? We don't have real money! Who has real money?

I had to run out for a Drs appointment by 8:30. Never got the broker on the phone. When 11 am rolled around and I finally got back to my computer to see how the mid-day trading was going, my heart sank. CMG was trading at $47 a share. It opened at $45. Closed at $44. No CMG love for me. No. No.

Oh, and I'm a BAW super slacker. No morning pages this week or last week. No artist date. I kind of got overwhelmed by it all. I think there's something in chapter/week 2 about it. But I didn't read that far, so I don't really know. I'm lame. Hella-lame you guys.

Gotta go get me a burrito now.