Daphne 3.0

Basking in mediocrity since 2004.

1.09.2006

Blogging the Artist's Way

I had some high hopes of getting a decent post in about my feelings so far on Blogging the Artist's Way, then I got some news from a friend that took the wind out of me. It wasn't a surprise, really, but it still hit me hard. For this friend's sake, I'm not going to go into any details, except it has me doubled over with the pain that is floating around out there right now. Can you feel it? I'm having a hard time focusing on anything else. My need to comfort and help has kicked in and there really isn't anything I can do right now on either counts. Just hope that inner peace will find this person again soon.

I did start the morning pages on Saturday. It was difficult. Painful. Mostly because I was in the car, traveling to the mountain to ski. The Mr. was driving and I have vowed to never again do the morning pages 1) in the car, and 2) with him around. He's a supportive, loving, wonderful man, but he is also a distraction. I had to ask several times for him to not yell at the cars around us, nor bitch out loud about the traffic. I finally had to be like a parent and say, give me 5 more minutes and you can scream all you want. Which really did nothing, so I hurried, and I was mad about it. Then I realized it was my own fault and got over it. Never got around to the morning pages yesterday, so I did them before bed last night. This AM I waited til hubby had left for the day to get started. I know Julia Cameron says to get up a half hour early, but it's of no use when he's around. I love him. I really do.

Gah. I feel drained. I'll post more later when my wind returns.

P.S. Did you know that the Blogger spell check comes up with "flogging" as the correction for blogging? Funny. Heh.