Daphne 3.0

Basking in mediocrity since 2004.

11.09.2005

Blinkity Blink

Just finished reading Blink, by Malcolm Gladwell. (because I have so much free time on my hands between midnight and 2 am) Gotta say, interesting, but no Tipping Point. But it does explain a lot about that tiny voice in my brain. You know the one. The one that screams "run away! run away!" when you meet up with less than perfect clients. Oddly enough, I'm now reading, Attracting Perfect Customers, by someone (Google it or B&N it). It's a great follow up to Blink. Anyone that has their own business, I highly recommend it. I'm on step 1 of a 6 step program to spark synchronicity with perfect clients. Or something like that. Could be 12 steps. I'll let you know how that goes.

Still deep in a vat of deadlines. I shed one yesterday with a visit from the printer. Yes, he comes to my home office. What a guy. Three more projects to do this week. Holy crap, it's Wednesday! All week I've been thinking it's Thursday. I have that rushed, gotta go feeling. I got to leave the house today to go scouting for a location for a photo shoot. I feel so refreshed. Two hours out of the house... a girl could get spoiled by this.

I made a decision to return all but this Perfect Customers book to the library, unread. That's right. Unread. I can check them out later. Never mind that they were on inter-library loan. I can ask again when I'm ready. Wonder Woman can check her ass at the door. I've got too many other todos to do as it is.

Just keep swimming. That's all I can do.