Daphne 3.0

Basking in mediocrity since 2004.

8.08.2005

I am so not up on this web shite.

Today I learned the term "hotlinking." Hotlinking is vewwy, vewwy bad. People get more than mildly upset with you when you do it to them. I can see how this would make people mad, using their bandwidth without telling them, driving up their web costs. If I've done this to any sites, I wholeheartedly apologize. Please don't hate. I didn't know. But now I do. I won't do it again. Promise.

Not that I got in trouble, I just read about it from several angry peeps on another blog. Dear, oh dear. Are they fired up. So naturally, I went to check my website's stats. Wow. I'm a bandwidth hog myself. I gotta keep a closer eye on that from now on. But, no notice from my hosting company, so it makes me wonder if they care or not. Just to play it safe, I ordered more bandwidth and felt a little better.

Then I started thinking, does the email that I send and receive count against it? 'Cus if so, I'm gunna need a whole lotta bandwidth when I get really big. 'Cus I gots me two new clients last week. 'Cus I'm hot shite. That's right.