Daphne 3.0

Basking in mediocrity since 2004.

7.24.2005

The peanut butter is in the garage.

Hubby and I are renovating our kitchen this week. Thus, the PB is in the garage, with the graham crackers, pastas, oven, table and microwave. We are on Day 2 and so far we've only been to Home Depot two times and Lowes two times. I had us pegged at 65 visits to the home improvement meccas, so we are doing good. Yesterday I removed tile from the former backsplash. Oye. The banging. The fine art of dry wall repair. The mud. The joy. Have I ever mentioned that the liquor store is closed on Sundays in Colorado? (Yes, Kate! It's true.) All of them. This makes for a long day without me Strongbow. Arrr.

Not sure where the "arrr" came from. It just felt right.

Also during Demo Day, hubby and our construction bitch, Spider, took down all the pretty 1976 cabinets and chucked them out the backdoor. I tried to give them away to charity, but they never called me back. Was it something I said? Hmm. Spider shows up every time we have a major home improvement project. Usually he's helpful. We don't know why he comes, he just does.

To recap:
109 degree weather. Check!
1976 original kitchen. Check!
Beagles rolling in the paint. Check!
13 cabinets in the garage. Check!
Old cabinets in the backyard. Check!
400 s.f. of flooring, in the previously mentioned garage. Check!
Crappy old floor on the deck. Check!
10 days to complete said project. err, check?

It is supposed to "cool" down to the high 80s and 90s this week. Yay! We got some humidity this afternoon, right on time for slapping some paint on the wall. Humidity and paint don't get along well. They snarl at each other in the hallway between classes. Sometimes one of them will throw down, and the spackle, blue tape and rollers will sit there egging them on. No one wins when this happens. It never ends well.

Have I mentioned that the liquor stores are not open on Sunday?

Tomorrow is Day 3. Judgment Day. We will install the wall cabinets. Or we will try. First we will go to Home Depot. Just 'cus we missed it and wanted to spend another $22,000. Right now we are resting in between coats of paint. What the hell?! I can not wait 4 hours between coats of paint. I've got to call someone about this. Maybe I'll write a letter.

Did I mention the liquor stores are closed on Sunday?