Daphne 3.0

Basking in mediocrity since 2004.

5.10.2005

shut down in 5...4...3...2...

I'm trying to update my website and blog at the same time. Trouble is, I ain't no rocket surgerist, if you know what I mean? Mixing frustration with complete incompetence, my brain is on the verge of shutting down. Why? I am Queen Procrastination today.

Motivation? We don't need no stinkin' motivation. This is a problem. I've got a wee bit of client work to do. Calls gotta get made, press checks have to be checked, and somebody set off a paper-grenade in my office. Spring is official here, and this can mean only one thing: OCD-style cleaning. I pulled out all my yucky old clothes from the closet and threw them in a pile, in the office, of course. Then I cleaned out some old files, about five years worth of pay stubs, insurance forms and gym membership papers that I no longer need. Either the devil dogs are moving around under the pile of crap, or we've got a bigger problem.

While I was whining the day away, I happened upon a swell blog that I want to tell the world about. Her saga makes my life look like a Princess Cruise. I think I'll be reading her posts, re-reading them, and then reading them out loud to myself when I start to feel sorry for my happy existence. Don't get me wrong, I've had some messed up things happen to me, but never like this. She gives me courage and inspires me to stop my bitchin'. Something we all can use, right?