Daphne 3.0

Basking in mediocrity since 2004.

4.06.2005

how time flies...

I was cleaning out my pile 'o crap and found some photos (yes, the real kind) taken a few years ago whilst skiing with friends. This was on the top of Copper Mountain, with the teeny Continental Divide as a backdrop. I think we just got off the lift and had one of those, "let's get a tourist who only speaks Samoan to take our pic! Yeah!" moments.


copper2003
Originally uploaded by daphnepoo.


I'm second from the left. Hubby is in the less than blinding yellow parka. It's hard to tell people apart in the asexual ski wear.

And, yes, it is that effin bright up there.

We normally ski Winter Park; it's closer and we don't have to sit through the Eisenhower Tunnel traffic. (Those switchbacks are a bitch on HWY 40, though.) But on Friday, hubby and I will make a special sacrifice to go visit a very special beagle friend. Yes! We're meeting a blogger IRL. (I feel so cool using 'net acronyms. It makes me feel like I'm not really over 30-yrs old at all.)

So in honor of meeting a blogger beagle babe IRL, I wrote this special poem:

(a-hem)
Please don't think us freaks,
Remember to drink lots of water,

The
altitude gets some peeps sick,
And
trees may kill you.
The end.


Happy weekend everyone! Cheers!