Daphne 3.0

Basking in mediocrity since 2004.

3.10.2005

Is this bad?

I had a pint. Of hooch. At lunch. On a Thursday. Not so bad, right? Good.

I like being the boss of me. Although I can see how people become alcoholics. Booze is yummy. Especially during the day. Yum. Yum. Yum.

Been doing a lot of soul-searching this week. I'm coming to terms with the fact that I have some "issues." Naw, get out! You say. Yes, I have some issues to work through. Confrontation skills. Forgiving myself for bad choices. Letting go of a few obsessive behaviors. That kind of stuff.

I went to my leads group all member breakfast yesterday. They gave me a display table at which to pimp myself. I was pretty proud of myself for throwing together a booth with less than three days notice. Anyway, the speakers talked about how we all perform within one to two points of how we see ourselves conceptually. So if you imagine you're an 8 on a scale of 1-10 in terms of achievement, skills, self esteem, etc., you will actually work to the level of 6 or 9. I gave myself an 8 because I didn't think I "should" give me a 10. How wrong is that? It was just me in my little head and I couldn't even give myself a fricken 10 when no one would know but me. See? Issues.

So I'm waking up today thinking, "I'm a 10, damnit!" I'm waking up every day thinking this. When you think of yourself as a 10, you become a 10. I'm a 10, damnit. You're a 10, too. We're all 10s. Damnit.

Now pass me a pint of hooch.