Daphne 3.0

Basking in mediocrity since 2004.

2.07.2005

got blahs?

I've come down with serious case of the blahs. I'm not sad, depressed, unhappy or bitchy. I'm not happy either. I'm just in a blah state of mind. It's been around for about a week now. I need to snap out of it. Work to do, clients to smooze, lunches to luncheon... I've got a busy schedule. Last Thursday at 12:30 in the afternoon I had a massage. It was my reward for working so hard the month before. A massage. At 12:30. On a Thursday. Don't hate me.

But still with the blahs.

Then, out of the blue, yesterday the Denver Post "comments" section advertised for Colorado Voices. I'm going to submit. This should wash those blahs right out of my hair. Wait. Oh. No. This means I have to come up with original, or semi-original, or not-so-original-but-so-obscure-that-no-one-will-notice material.

Ms. Laughandpoint is ready to poke fun. Her long boney finger is uncurling, making its way from her housecoat pocket, rising in the air and taking aim... She's going to have to wait, because I'm on a deadline. I've got to write a "why me" letter and two sample articles by February 21. This used to seem a long way off when I lived in the Cubicle Village. Now time prances past me, mocking me with its quick step. I woke up this morning and it's February. By dinner it will be March.

Hi. Ho. Let's go. Mr. Benny Blahs and his trusty sidekick De Motivator will have to leave. I've got a column to write.