Daphne 3.0

Basking in mediocrity since 2004.

2.03.2005

acting like a grown up

We bought life insurance. That's right. Life Insurance. I'm officially my parents. Except I drink every night.

Now that I'm in charge of my own fate, i.e., no big brother corporation is paying for life insurance, short/long term disability and all that stuff, I have nightmares about ending up living in a van down by the river.

We're also talking about investments. IRAs, SEP-IRAs, brokerage accounts, and a will are our nightly topics at the dinner table. This is how it goes:

me: who's going to take care of the wild beasts if we both die or are horribly disfigured in a rare hunting accident?

him: dunno

me: well my parents could take them, but they'd have to move to another state, and I just don't trust any of our brothers

him: mmm

me: what happens if we die and they go to a shelter, Rocky would be toast since he's such an arse-hole.

him: yeah

me: and poor Samantha, she'd be so scared.

him: right

me: that's it! we need a will, we should set up a trust fund for them

him: you have a trust fund?

Next stop: Bingo night at the VFW.