Daphne 3.0

Basking in mediocrity since 2004.

1.07.2005

Tickle Me, Elmo, It's Here!

I'm a feedback giving kind of gal... I like going on company websites and giving kudos, suggestions, and ideas for improvement. It's my gift them and some poor monkey working in a marketing department somewhere. (Hey, look, Harriet, someone visits our website, and they like our new ad campaign!) Spreading joy to dour cubicles everywhere, that's me!

Where was I? Oh, yes, Sunday night, while enjoying a Ketel One Sour Apple Martini (yum), I went to the Ketel One site to give some feedback on a wonderful product. Wouldn't you know it, the very next day, a rather lovely woman emailed me thanking me for my comments. She offered to send a recipe booklet and, if that wasn't enough, a copy of their award-winning video!, Generations, the story of the 315-year old vodka makin' family. (Some free vodka would be nice, that stuff ain't cheap.) I appreciated the gesture and took her up on it.

What before my wondering eyes did appear today in my mailbox? That's right, the sweet video and receive booklet - just in time for my Friday liquor store run, I might add. I'm most intrigued by their method of customer relations. (note to self, figure out how you can copy that one)

In honor of Margarita Fridays, I give you the drink of the week:

The Ultimate Dutch Margarita, compliments of Ketel One vodka
1 1/2 oz Ketel One Citroen
2 oz margarita mix
1/4 oz Cointreau
1/2 oz fresh lime juice

Shake with ice in a cocktail shaker. Serve over ice in a rocks glass. Garnish with a lime wedge.

Have a wondrous weekend!