Daphne 3.0

Basking in mediocrity since 2004.

12.28.2004

Whew!

In the words of our esteemed leader, this web stuff is "hard work."

To my readers, friends and personalities, thanks for making the leap to this new blog. I have to shed good ol' monkey. Welcome to the new me. (curtsies)

Yesterday was my first full day as a bohemian. I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself. After hubby left for work at 7:15, I took the wild beasts for a walk. When I returned the the "office," made my am tea and started working. Uh, well, I started checking email, had a Monday morning meeting with my "team" and then started working. Wait, I didn't actually do any work yesterday.

Last week I worked hubby like a rented mule getting my new office in order. We hammered, painted, drilled, lifted, organized and drank our way to my more fung shui-ish office, complete with obligatory bamboo plant. Now I just needed some work to do in it.

Most of yesterday was wasted waiting for my new color printer to arrive. The driver came around 11 am, leaving most of the day wasted. I'm still stuck in that corporate mindset where I must be at my desk, be productive and ready to answer the phone. Gotta lose that.

So the next few posts are going to be about me trying to figure out just what the hell I'm doing, where I'm going during the day and who I am as a bohemian-at-large and deliberately unemployed person.

I'm taking suggestions.