Daphne 3.0

Basking in mediocrity since 2004.

12.30.2004

911 STAT... We've got a dog emergency!

But wait, I have a hair appointment first.

While on our morning walk, Ms. Princess Samantha Pants and Sir Rockafeller got into a scrap with another dog. Thank goodness there was a fence between them. However, as soon as I could pull their howling little bodies (damn them dogs are strong!) away, I noticed blood. Blood!

Ms. PSP had caught her adorable nose on the fence, a nail, something, and it is now bleeding. A whole heckofalot. The vet had two openings 10:10 and 3:30. I had a 9:30 hair appointment. Guess which option bad momma went with? Go on, guess.

Yup, bad momma put her darling Ms. PSP's health needs below her own beauty. Call the ASPCA animal cops on me, please.

But hey! I did manage to put some rubbing alcohol and antibiotic cream on it before I dashed out. No small feat, I tell you. I went throuh a half a box of Nutro Lite Biscuits to do it. Rocky was spastic, clawing at me to give more treats, barking at me even. And little Princess? Trying to bite me every time I got close enough her to try touching her. With one hand I was telling Rocky to sit-laydown-sit-laydown-sit-laydown, our calm down exercise, and with the other I was trying to ensare PSP so I could rub a q-tip on her nose. She would come close, then back off, close, then back off. I'd grap her collar, she'd wrestle out of my grasp and try to bite me. Then Rocky would scratch at me and whine. The PSP would come close for her treat. Then Rocky would bark. I'd go back to sit-laydown-sit with him. She would come close enough for me to get her collar, and we'd start all over again.

This went on for a solid half hour. If anyone was watching, they'd laugh themselves silly. But, if someone was home, they could have helped with her... or gone to the 10:10 appointment.

OK, I am still a bad momma. But I have to go to the vet now, Officers Lucas and Sandano can arrest me later.